There’s something for everyone in this round up of the best allergy free Easter eggs & treats for kids. All of these Easter eggs are dairy & soy free, and if you need nut free or gluten free I have you covered for that too!
This post contains affiliate links, where I may earn from qualifying purchases, but you will not be charged a penny more. I only ever recommend products I would buy myself! Affiliate links are marked with *. Thanks for supporting the website x
We all want our children to be able to join in with the fun at Easter, but for kids with allergies, finding a suitable Easter egg is not always easy.
The good news is that each year more allergy friendly Easter treats are appearing. The bad news is that they do often sell out. So, you need to plan ahead!
Here I am sharing Easter eggs which are free from dairy, soy, gluten and nuts, as well as some extra options for those of you whose children are just dairy and/or soy free. As well as Easter eggs, I’ve included some chocolate bunnies and mini eggs in the mix!
If you’ve got a baby or younger child and are wanting to avoid that sugar high for one more year, I’ve also got some ideas for totally food free Easter goodies.
The best allergy friendly Easter eggs & treats for kids
The following list of allergy friendly Easter eggs and treats for kids should give you plenty to choose from! I have included the allergy information for each product. They are all dairy and soy free, and suitability for other top 14 allergens is specified. If there are any may contain warnings on the packaging then I have shown this so you can make an informed decision.
Ingredients were checked online in January 2023. Remember that ingredients can change without warning, so always double check.
Moo Free Easter eggs & treats – Free from dairy, gluten, soya, peanut & tree nuts
Moo Free have long been making kid friendly free-from chocolates. In the last few years their range has grown considerably, and they have a fantastic Easter selection! Many of the Easter products are aimed at kids, which means lots of fun packaging.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Eggs in animal shapes include a white chocolate fizzy lemon bunny and an orange chocolate hammy hamster!
- A colourful Easter egg hunt box includes 7 foil wrapped mini eggs.
- You can also buy small packs of mini eggs (which are not foil wrapped) and caramel mini eggs.
- A ‘Moofreesa’ Egg which comes with a pack of crunchy Moofreesas (an allergy free Maltesers alternative).
- Full sized eggs in a range of flavours including vegan milk chocolate, honeycomb, and ‘eggsplosion’ with marshmallows, white chocolate splodges and choccy drops!
Allergen info: Dairy free, gluten free, soya free. There are no nuts in the ingredients list and regarding cross contamination risk they say “While we’re not a certified nut free facility, we have strict allergen controls on site, we operate a dedicated ‘Free From’ chocolate production facility, we do not handle any allergens. All raw material suppliers are risk assessed to ensure that there are no allergen cross-contamination risks in the supply chain.”
NOMO Easter eggs – free from dairy, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts & soya (see allergen info below for full details on soya)
NOMO (which pleasingly stands for No Missing Out) have got a great range of Easter eggs and other Easter themed treats available. Their products always pass the taste test with flying colours in our house! Here’s my pick of their Easter offering:
- A kid’s size egg with fun monster packaging. It also includes a chocolate lolly and some activities for extra entertainment.
- A cookie dough egg with a bunny shaped cookie dough bar. The bunny cookie dough bar is very cute and can also be purchased by itself.
- There’s also a good range of full size eggs in different NOMO chocolate bar flavours such as caramelised biscuit and salted caramel.
Allergen info: NOMO says “we go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that our NOMO products are safe and free-from the major allergens dairy, gluten, egg and nuts (tree nuts and peanuts).”. “Our NOMO Creamy Choc, Caramel & Sea Salt and Fruit & Crunch bars do not contain soya ingredients in the recipe and whilst we take every precaution to avoid cross contamination with soya, please be aware we do not declare these products as ‘Soya Free’.“
Aldi free-from Easter range (free from dairy, soy, gluten and nuts)
Aldi have done a brilliant job of providing a well priced range of kid friendly Easter treats this year. They’ve got a few different flavours options and two different animal shaped eggs which would keep any kid happy! The following products are marketed as being free from dairy, soya and gluten. Additionally they have no other top 14 allergens in the ingredients list – and no may contains.
- Orange flavoured choco bunny
- Strawberry flavoured white choco lamb
- Honeycomb choco egg
- Strawberry white choco egg
- Eggstreme choco egg – complete with marshmallows!
Buttermilk Easter eggs & chocolate bunny – Free from dairy, soy & gluten. May contain nuts
Despite the name, Buttermilk is a completely dairy-free brand. Not only that, all the products below are free from soy and gluten too. The chocolate is really delicious, I especially love their honeycomb bars. The Easter range includes a choccy bunny and Easter eggs with flavours based on some of their bars.
The packaging and flavours are a good choice for slightly older kids – my 7 year old is a big fan! Here are three great options:
- A foil wrapped chocolate bunny that any kid would be delighted with!
- A honeycomb blast chocolate egg and soldier (I want this one!!).
- Caramel Choccy Egg with Sea Salt and Crunchy Caramel Flakes, with a Caramel Nougat Bar. Yum.
Allergy info: The Buttermilk products above are free from dairy, soy and gluten. There are no nuts in the ingredients list, but there is a may contain nuts warning.
If you’re looking for a plastic free option and would like a mix of chocs and toys, then this Easter themed gift set for kids from PLAYin CHOC is a great choice. It contains two small individually wrapped chocs, plus a 3D cardboard bunny toy to assemble and a fun facts card. There are 6 different bunnies to choose from – and it’s possible to buy a pack of all 6 if you are so inclined!
Allergen info: Free from Dairy, Nuts, Gluten & Soy
Marks and Spencer free-from Easter range (free from dairy, soy and gluten)
M&S have really upped their dairy free kids range over the last couple of years, and have removed soy from a lot of products. This year for Easter they have Charlie the Bunny (a hollow chocolate rabbit) and an Easter egg hunt pack – 10 hollow mini eggs in a cute chick box! Both products are free from dairy, soya and gluten, but with a may contain nuts warning.
Alternatives to chocolate Easter eggs for kids – completely allergy free!
If you’d rather steer clear of sweet treats altogether, or if you are dealing with multiple allergies and finding it hard to get a suitable chocolate egg, there are plenty of non-food options which your little one will be delighted with. Below are some ideas for Easter themed gifts which swerve the chocolate altogether:
- Busy Easter* and Busy Easter Chicks* are two little interactive board books that are great for babies and toddlers – my kids absolutely loved their busy books when they were younger.
- For slightly older kids, this Egg Surprise orchards game* would be perfect (recommended age 3 to 6 years).
- If you fancy an Easter themed craft activity, these finger painting books* are great fun.
- Usbourne has a lovely little Easter themed sticker book* and they also have an Easter puzzle book* for slightly older kids.
Spotted any great free-from Easter treats which are not on my list? Comment below and let me know!
Subscribe and get your FREE 4 week meal plan!
A month of family dinner ideas, all free from dairy, soy, egg & gluten x